Wednesday, May 13, 2009

VCO Simmed!

Well, after much tinkering I got my VCO sim working:


Right now it's just a sawtooth, but I plan on adding some waveshapers soon.

Shortly after my first post I found that the Electronotes ENS-75 VCO Option 1 article has been posted on the web here. It was a really informative article and helped me really understand what was going on inside the circuit.

One advantage to the sim is that I found out that I can substitute some of the parts I already own (CA3083, OPA132) and still get similar results. I still need to take stock of what resistors and caps I already have, but that will have to wait for a day when I have some time on my hands. Everything else (caps, missing resistors, tempco, comparator, JFET, tripots, and normal pots) will have to wait until we have some cash to spare. That's fine because I need to work on the waveshapers, and get a board layout together first anyway.

1 comment:

  1. neat!

    i'm trying to sim a vco in LTspice with on joy!

    What is the secret???

    Ed

    ReplyDelete