Friday, May 8, 2009

Oscilloscope Get!!

The UPS man stopped by to drop this off:


It's a Kikusui COS600M 100Mhz analog scope. Picked it up off ebay for ~$100 complete with a probe and the manual. Not too shabby. I didn't have a lot of time to fiddle with it last night. Me and wife had to do an emergency clean of our place because my sister's family is coming to stay with us tonight. I did, however get to test all the channels using both the calibration signal on the scope, and my function generator. I think I may have to do some calibration on it which makes having the manual quite handy.

The only downside is the fact that it's analog and not digital. I got spoiled by the Tektronix phosphor screen scopes they had at my old job. This scope is more than adequate for doing synth work. The only thing I need now is a few more probes, but that will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment