Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beagle Synth

I've been thinking about doing a project like this for a while, but the fact that I'm strapped for cash has always prevented me from going forward. That changed when I found out that beagleboard.org was having a contest that will supply free beagleboards to interesting projects. So I decided to submit my idea for using the beagleboards on board DSP for a synthesizer project. Low and behold the judges liked my idea! A few days later this puppy (lol puns) showed up at my door:


I've set up a project space on google code and am in the process of getting my development environment set up. I'll most more news as I make more progress. For now here are some of the intended features of the Beagle Synth:

Initial Feature List

Future Feature List

1 comment:

  1. awesome idea!
    I did a project like this a while ago, but this sounds like it'll be way bigger and better...

    rob

    ReplyDelete